Meet the SLP
Compassionate Speech Therapist
Stephanie Lomazov, M.S., CCC-SLP
Founder Speech-Language Pathologist
Stephanie Smolen-Lomazov, M.S. CCC-SLP is a bilingual (Russian/English) Medical Speech-Language Pathologist with clinical specialty and training in speech, language, cognition, and swallowing disorders.
Stephanie is a firm believer in connecting with her patients to solve their challenges, improve their communication and quality of life. Her aim is to revolutionize the approach to speech-language therapy by building upon what the leading experts have taught her. She puts an emphasis on building relationships and following the science to intertwine into her protocols and treatment.
The positive impact Stephanie and Neuro Speech Therapy has had in the community has led her to recently being recognized as one of SRQ’s 35 under 35 in 2022.
Stephanie has a breadth of experience working with patients of all ages and conditions varying in severity. She won an award for excellence for working with children with communication disorders in a top-tier school district. She has worked in Mount Sinai Hospital in the south side of Chicago, treating critically ill and wounded patients, and developed new speech therapy protocols for treating patients within the acute and rehabilitation center at an HCA Florida Hospital. Today Stephanie still contributes time to treating at the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in Florida, Sarasota Memorial Hospital, to stay current on the latest research and trends in the field.
Stephanie’s attention to detail and warm endearing nature is what leads her to do what she believes is most important, building trust with her patients and then helping them navigate how to rebuild their health and communication to its utmost potential.
- Licensed in the State of Florida and certified by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Leadership Board Member for the Aphasia Community Center
- Clinical Masters from Northwestern University – one of the top 2 programs in the nation – in Speech-Language Pathology
- Bachelors in Science in Applied Health Sciences specializing in the neuroscience of communication with Highest Honors from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Awards & Certifications:
- SPEAK OUT! & LOUD Crowd Provider – A program for individuals with Parkinson’s disease
- Certified Ampcare provider for Effective Swallow Protocol (ESP) using surface electromyography
- Proficient in utilizing low-tech and high-tech AAC devices including Lingraphica and Proloquo2go
- MBSImP protocol Certified Rater for Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies
- Trained in the leading treatment methods: Combined Aphasia and Apraxia of Speech Treatment, Life Participation Approach to Aphasia, VNeST, Sound Production Treatment, and adapted features of LSVT.
More About Stephanie
Stephanie lives in Sarasota, Florida with her husband and enjoys trying new cuisines and going to the beach. Coming from an immigrant family, family is her top priority and she spends a lot of time with them. Both her and her husband are second degree black belts in Tae Kwon Do! (She is distinctly better according to her husband). Stephanie was also a professional Ballroom and Latin dancer and still loves to dance today. She is an avid traveler and one of her favorite places to travel is Italy because of the culture. Stephanie is passionate about supporting and advocating for stroke awareness, aphasia, and creating educational and empowering opportunities for patients and their families.